Thanks to my momma for this recipe that I now make every winter time! It's super easy, makes a ton to have for the week or freeze for later, & its so delicious! Perfect for those cold nights when you want to cozy up to something warm. I love making this and having some for the rest of the week and then freezing some to have on hand whenever the craving hits! Or whenever you're running low on food. I'll always remember growing up and my mom making soup for dinner. But at the time I didn't really care for it haha I think you'll love how easy this is to make & yummy it really is.
- 48 oz great northern beans
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 2 cans green chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Saute onion, garlic & olive oil in pan
- Combine beans, broth, garlic & onion in large pot & boil for 15 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and then simmer for 1 hour
- Make a bowl & top it off with plain greek yogurt and use crackers for dipping!