This is one of my favorite things to make and have for the week! If you need something for work lunches or easy to have for the whole fam, this is it! It's a very refreshing and light chicken salad too unlike a lot of the ones that you buy already made at the store. What I love about making these at home is that you know what is going in them. You can easily customize based off what you like and don't like too. One of my favorite things about making new recipes is to find some of the classic favorites and make a healthier version. With so many great products now, there are so many ways to make your favorite dish into a healthy option.
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- Mayo made with Avocado Oil (I use primal kitchen foods)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook organic chicken breasts in the crockpot for 4 hours or so until fork tender
- Shred chicken
- Cut up apple, celery, & walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with 2 tbsp mayo made with avocado oil
- Top it on toast, salad or eat with crackers!