If you haven’t noticed already, one of my favorite things to prep for the week is a big batch of crockpot chicken for the week. I love it because you can create a variety of meals throughout the week so you don’t get sick of it! I’ll usually prep 2-3 organic chicken breasts in the crockpot with a little chicken broth (use this so the chicken doesn’t get dry) and let it sit for 4hrs or so on high. You’ll be able to shred it with a fork after finished cooking. I’ll cook it plain because then you can use it in a variety of ways based off what you’re feeling.
I’ve found when I prep items, sometimes I will get sick of it after 2-3 days of eating it. Doing this, allows you to still have that protein source ready, but easily able to create a totally different meal with it. Like I’ve included here, once you’ve created your chicken salad or bbq chicken, you can switch up how you serve it as well. I like to do bowls with a bunch of greens, top it on sweet potato toast or even make fun sweet potato sliders! All of these recipes are super minimal & don’t take a lot of time to prep either. Let me know if you have any other creative ways that you like to use chicken in your recipes!
1) BBQ chicken: all I do with this is use your already prepared shredded chicken & mix with a couple of tbsp. of your favorite BBQ sauce. I like Tessamae’s BBQ! Super easy! You can throw these on mini sweet potatoes as “Sliders” or stuff it in a sweet potato!
2) Chicken Salad : this is my go-to recipe and something that I’m usually always craving. It just always hits the spot! I usually always have stuff on hand to make this recipe if I want. I love putting this in a salad, on a sandwich, or even just with some yummy crackers.
3) Thai Chopped Chicken Salad: this has so much flavor and a fun switch up for an easy lunch. All you need are a few ingredients and the almond butter sauce is a MUST. I could put it on everything it’s that good.
4) Fajita shredded chicken: everyone loves a good taco bowl, right!? If you have some shredded chicken already prepared and you’re craving a taco bowl, put some of this mixture on your chicken and you’re set without having to make something completely different! Here is what I like to use to create my at-home taco seasoning: 1tbsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp sea salt & black pepper.
5) Avocado Chicken Salad: anything that involves avocado, you know I’m going to love. This is a super simple recipe when you have only a few things on hand! Perfect if you have a not so good looking avocado too ;) All I do is combine the shredded chicken, 1/2 avocado (or more depending on how much you’re making), sea salt & pepper, pinch of garlic powder. Since the avocado is already the creamy base, you don’t need to add any mayo.
6) Curry Chicken Salad: a new favorite! this chicken salad has so much flavor & it’s a fun switch up for my tastebuds. I loved the sweetness of this with the grapes and then savory flavors of curry mixed all together.
Overall, there are so many options when it comes to meal prepping a variety of different recipes after making your crockpot shredded chicken! Not only are all of these recipes super easy but they are delicious. That’s exactly how I like to structure my recipes for the week. No one wants to be spending all their time in the kitchen making their lunch! Like I mentioned, you can make a big batch of simple shredded crockpot chicken and then switch around the recipes to keep it fun! That will keep you from getting bored of what you’ve prepped.